SIPNA NATURE CLUB
Sipna Nature Club is a self sponsored, voluntary students club of Sipna College of Engineering & Technology Amravati. Our club aims to conservation of nature through all its aspects for carrying out various students involving activities for environment. We also provide the platform for students to explore their love and care for nature as well as trained them to make awareness about the environmental harms and its importance among the society in which they have to create their future. So we conclude our motto through tagline “CONSERVE NATURE SECURE FUTURE”.
On 26th January 2016 Sipna Nature Club completed the successful journey of three years and coincidently on this occasion our club became Government Registered Organization with Reg. no. E-874/Amravati. The credit of this success goes to all present and past members of club for their excellent contribution towards the nature conservation and environmental/social awareness programs throughout the years. The most renowned activity of club i.e. green sapling instead of bouquet is not only appreciated by college but also by external guests including Shri Devendra Fadanvis, Shri Subodh Bhave, etc.
In this journey of three years more than 500 students joined the club and actively participated in all the activities throughout the session. All the nature club members are awarded with certificates for their contribution in various activities of club. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our well wishers and event sponsors (Gayatri Nursery) for their kind cooperation.
Aims & Objectives:
- Development of conservational attitude towards nature and to develop its members as nature lovers.
- Be students representative to the citizens, with an urge to be environmentally sound and to propagate the spirit of nature conservancy among the public.
- Organize exhibitions, shows, competitions and seminars to inculcate consciousness.
To provide opportunities to acquire attitudes, values and skills needed to protect and improve the natural environment
Activities of Nature Club:
- Nature – News collections.
- Nature study lecture, meetings, wildlife photo exhibitions.
- Field trips.
- Tree Plantation
- News letter publication, documentary film shows
- Organizing No Vehicle Day.
Activities Carried Out In 2015 – 16:
- No mobile day
- Plastic eradication drive
- Ganesha clay idol exhibition
- Water pots and food pots for bird
- Poster for campus drive
- Saplings for guests
- Nature Photography Exhibition & Competition
- Green tips for campus
- Group discussion on environment issues
- Visit to Prayas Sanstha – Dr. Avinash Sawaji
- Wall magazine
- Artificial nests for birds
- Tree plantation and care inside & outside the college campus as well as at Madhuban Vrudhhashram, Mahadev Khori & Tapovan
- Fuel free campus day
- Swachha Bharat Abhiyan at Akoli Railway Station, Irwin Square & Swami Vivekananda Statue, Shyam Square, Amravati
- Nursery of saplings inside the campus
- Visit to Sericulture
- Paper Recycling through Paper Craft Pots
- Eradication of Plastics by Providing Paper bags or Clothe bags to various shops in city
- Visit to Organic Farming
Trusty: Shri Jagadishji Gupta, Dr. S. A. Ladhake, Prof. A. B. Deshmukh
President: Dr. K. V. Pawar
Vice-President: Dr. A. A. Gurjar
Secretary: Prof. T. S. Rohankar
Joint secretary: Prof. S. A. Patinge
Treasurer: Prof. S. M. Seikdar
Student Advisor: Aditya Gawande
Student President: Prerana Patil
Vice President: Ravindra Jogalekar
Secretary: Ankit Kolhe
Lecture Control Committee.
Field Work Committee.
News Collection Committee.
Annual Magazine Committee.