Sipna’s Central Library plays an important role in acquiring organizing and disseminating of information. It is spread up in to two floors having a carpet area 1573.44 sqm. The Central Library has a rich collection of Text Books , Reference Books and National /International Journals. Books are classified as per the Dewey Decimal Classification system ( DDC 22nd Ed.) . The Central Library provides automated services using ‘SOUL Network Version’ software application. All books are bar-coded resulting in fast circulation and searching of books.
The Central Library offered following services to its users.
1. Lending Services. ( Issue-Receipt of books & other resources )
2. Book Bank Services.
3. Reference Services.
4. Digital Library Services.
5. Internet Services.
6. Audio Visual Services
7. Reprographic ( Photo Copy )Services.
The Central Library is enriched with the collection of quality text & reference books, National & International journals / periodicals non book materials in engineering , technology ,management & social sciences discipline as well as general and non-technical books. The library is also having bound volumes of journals, e-Journals and e-Books, CDs and educational videos collection. The total collection of library as on 24th March,2018 is as follows.
Sr. No. Collection Type Quantity
1. Technical Books Volumes 49410
Technical Books Titles 6389
Social Welfare Scheme Books 3213
Extra-curricular Subject Books 1000
e-Books ( off line ) 1018
2. National Journals / Periodicals 83
International Journals / Periodicals 27
e-Journals Subscription 479
3. News Paper Daily 12
On line Collection
The Central library have subscribed to full text on line journals database of the scholarly publishers of international repute. The access to these e-Journals is IP based and can be accessed in college campus through internet.
Sr. No. e-Journals No. of Journals covered IP base access from URL
1. IEEE- ASPP 169 www.ieeexplore.ieee.org
2. Elsevier Science Direct 275 www.sciencedirect.com
3. ASCE 35 www.ascelibrary.org
NPTEL – IIT Video Lectures access I available on-line & off- line
Monday to Friday
Reading Hall : 8.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Circulation Section : 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Reading Hall : 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Circulation Section : 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Sundays & Holidays closed
During University Examination Period
Monday to Friday
Reading Hall : 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Reading Hall: 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Sunday & Holidays ( During Exam Period )
10.30.a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
|Name||Dr. Shirish M. Deshpande|
|Qualification||M.Lib.& I. Sc., M.Phil., PhD|
|Name||Pramod B. Raut|
|Qualification||B.Lib & I. Sc., M.Lib. ( Pursuing )|
|Name||Mrs. Suchita M. Deshmukh|
|Qualification||M.Lib. & I. Sc|
|Name||Rajesh P. Dhande|
|Qualification||B.Lib. & I. Sc. ( Pursuing )|
|Name||Ritesh R. Chaudhari|
|Qualification||B.A., C.Lib. ( Pursuing )|
|Name||Dhanraj S. More|
|Qualification||B.A., C. Lib.|
1. Annual Book Exhibition.
2. Separate Collection of Non technical books ( Swami Vivekananda Dalan )
3. ‘Vachan Prerana Diwas’ activity on 15th October ( Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Birth Anniversary )
4. Digital Library training for student & staff members.
5. ‘Know your library’ – An Orientation Programme for the new comer students.
6. Self Learning Programme for the students under Faculty – Librarian collaboration.